Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Meeting Sergio Aragonés!

Back in 1982, I had the great fortune of meeting Sergio Aragonés,  one of my all-time heroes and one of the original artists from way back when MAD Magazine was truly the best humor and satire publication. Sergio was one of my favorite artists along with Mort Drucker, Jack Davis, Paul Coker Jr., Jack Rickard, Al Jaffee, Antonio Prohias, Angelo Torres, Wallace Wood, Harvey Kurtzman, Will Elder, Bob Clarke, Norman Mingo, Dave Berg, Joe Orlando and the amazing Don Martin!  Sergio Aragonés was in Mexico City and not only did he graciously autograph my copy of one of his compilation books but regaled me with a funny little drawing of himself and MAD's Alfred E. Neuman as well. The speed with which he could dish out these drawings left my dumbfounded! I'll always cherish that moment from so long ago.
Viva Sergio!


1 comment: