Friday, September 6, 2019

THE PINK PANTHER SHOW

On September 6, 1969, Friz Freleng and David H. DePatie produced THE PINK PANTHER SHOW, which was a half-hour compilation of the Pink Panther theatrical cartoons and later became a showcase for subsequent made-for-TV cartoons.

It ran on NBC until September 2, 1978 when it changed networks and became THE ALL NEW PINK PANTHER SHOW.  Today, we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the series' debut.
I enjoyed this first series a lot and, since I began doing the PINK PANTHER comic books for overseas distribution in Spanish, I felt I had a special bond with the character.





In celebration of THE PINK PANTHER SHOW's 50th Anniversary, I'd like to remember some of my Pink Panther covers during that period.

 .                         















You can read all about the Pink Panther story in this excellent book by Mark Arnold:

And here's the very first PINK PANTHER cartoon, released December 18, 1964.



No comments:

Post a Comment