Thursday, April 9, 2020

Very Sad News: MORT DRUCKER is gone!

Mort Drucker, master of caricature passed away today at 91 years of age.
His work made my days happier and his art was my inspiration. He will certainly be missed, although he had pretty much retired in recent years but his fine legacy will stay forever with us.
I used to buy MAD magazine just to see his masterful artwork and celebrity caricatures which were imitated but never equaled by other Drucker-hopefuls.  His style has an undefined quality that makes his caricatures rise above everybody else's.
I won't go into many details about his work but you can read what I wrote here:
                         https://ferllera.blogspot.com/2019/03/mort-drucker.html


So long, Mort! Someday, we'll all be eventually meeting on that big drawing board up above!


You can read more about Mort Drucker here:

No comments:

Post a Comment